- How long will it take for my goods to arrive after I make payment?
You should expect to receive your goods within five (5) to ten (10) working days in Nairobi after your goods arrive in our U.S warehouse. After your goods arrive, we’ll call, email or sms you informing you of the same. If you experience delays in receiving your goods, contact us immediately and we will help to confirm the status of your goods. If you need to have your order delivered urgently, that can be arranged by requesting expedited shipping, though this will cost you extra to send via your preferred method, DHL, USPS or FedEx. Please note that it is important to order goods for special occasions such as Christmas, Easter, Father’s Day or Mother’s Day, Weddings and Birthdays well ahead of time (At least 3 weeks earlier) this is because delays sometimes do occur as a result of uncontrollable circumstances such as bad weather, increased volumes (e.g. around the holidays) or inefficiencies at the port of entry or Acts of God.
- Do quoted shipping rates include Import Duties and Taxes?
- How will I receive my goods on Arrival?
After your goods are ready for collection, you can schedule a pick up or a delivery. Deliveries will be done at an extra cost. All goods destined to a location outside Nairobi will be shipped via courier service by G4S only to your destination at an extra cost. We can do country wide delivery. For any questions regarding pick-up and delivery, please contact us.
- Will I receive updates on when my goods are delivered to your U.S Warehouse?
Yes, you will.
- Are you discreet or private about my goods?
Yes. Your privacy is our number one priority!
- Can you facilitate the process of returning an ordered product to a seller back to the U.S?
Well, unfortunately this may happen, wrong size or fit, etc. Yes, we can. Buyer is responsible for the charges or costs incurred.
- What will my free US address look like? Is it a physical address or just a P.O. Box?
We provide you with a forever free physical US address, NOT just a Mailbox or a P.O. Box.
Your US address allows you to receive mail, packages of any size or even oversized items on pallets that are shipped from merchants using major shipping carriers such as UPS, DHL, USPS, etc. You will not encounter any issues with companies that refuse to ship to P.O. Boxes.
Your US address will look like this:
Your Name or Company Name
1234 Example Avenue
City, State, Zip Code
- Some US stores require a US Phone number for orders, what number should I provide them?
You can provide them with our contact number which will be given together with your FREE US Address.
- What items am I prohibited from shipping?
Prohibited or Restricted Commodities items may vary by country. See Kenya’s here
- How do you calculate the Billable Weight?
We follow the international standard to determine the Billable Weight of a shipment. All international shipping carriers base their shipping rates on the Billable Weight, which is the greater of Actual Weight and Dimensional Weight. Actual Weight is the weight of the package when put on a scale. Dimensional Weight is based on the size of the package. Large items that have a small Actual Weight, like pillows and lamp shades, will have a larger Dimensional Weight.
For up-to-date information on how Dimensional Weight is calculated by shipping carriers, please visit DHL Dimensional Weight Calculator or UPS Dimensional Weight Calculator
- How long can I store my items at your U.S or Nairobi Office?
We can store each package free of charge for a period of 60 days from the date of delivery in our U.S Warehouse. The maximum storage time for each package is 30 days since the date of its delivery to our Nairobi office.
- What forms of payment are accepted?
You can pay for the shipping fees and/or your Assisted Purchases using a wide range of payment methods
PAYPAL (only for assisted purchases or USA residents)
CREDIT CARDS (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and most other major Credit cards) (only for assisted purchases or USA Residents)
BANK WIRE TRANSFER (Shipping Charges Only)
MPESA (Shipping Charges Only)
Checks, Money orders or Western Union are not accepted at this time.
- Some merchants require a credit card with a US billing address. I don’t have one, what can I do?
There are several things you can do:
- Use our Assisted Purchase service: Personal Shopping or Business Goods Shopping.
- We will order the item(s) for you, and provide you with the (Order placement / Shipping / Delivery) confirmations. Learn more about this here.
- Once the item(s) arrives at our U.S Warehouse, you can choose to forward it to you or combine with other items before forwarding it.
You may try to get a Prepaid Debit Card locally like the Safaricom I&M Safari M-pesa Visa Card.
- I want to buy items from U.S. websites but they won’t ship to my international address. Can KenTex Cargo allow me to access these deals?
With your own US address from us, you will be able to buy goods far cheaper than otherwise possible. Most of US merchants will not ship to international addresses, but now you can! Ship the goods to your established address with us and we will then consolidate all your packages and ship them to you outside the U.S to Kenya.
- Do you accept Cash on Delivery (C.O.D) shipments?
Yes, we do accept. We simply must have your explicit confirmation and down payment before receiving such shipments. Please note, Shipping Charges only not Purchasing Charges!
- What if I can’t access the internet? Can you still offer service to my area?
Yes. You can still have your mail and packages forwarded, but it will have to be on a fixed schedule. Simply sign up for our automatic forwarding option and we will send your packages and mail on a prearranged schedule.
- Which countries do you ship to?
At the moment, we serve Kenya only but if you are from any of the neighboring East African Countries, please contact us.
- Do you offer shipping services within the United States?
Yes. We will offer our address to anyone in the United States. We have many customers that ship through us within the United States in order to create a US business presence and receive an Elkhart, Indiana postmark on their outgoing mail and packages.
- Do you offer any options for forwarding letters and documents?
Yes, we can forward letters and documents just like we forward boxed packages.
- What if I don’t want some of the mail that arrives in my box? Do I have to pay to have it sent to me?
No, we will discard it with only prior notification.
- Do you require a deposit?
Yes, for use of our Assisted Purchase service: Personal Shopping or Business Goods Shopping
- What social networking sites can I find Kenya Air Cargo on?
You can connect with us on:
- I still have a question not covered here. What do i do?
Don’t hesitate to contact us