Online & Offline Ideas on How to Make Quick Money From Home & Get Paid in Kenya From All over the World:
I am sure you have heard many ways of making money online or extra cash from home in Kenya. Remember the quails business in Kenya? — that they made people millionaires? Heard about desi schemes and recently, organo gold coffee pyramid schemes? While our business is Sea Shipping & Air Cargo Shipping, a good portion of our customers do not know that they can make a living shopping and shipping items online for a handsome profit. There is more to it as you read down.
- Used shoe business
- Used laptops business
- Unlocked smartphones business
- New & used clothes business
- Cosmetics business
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Online affiliate programs and drop-shipping
Keep Reading to the bottom…
Want to Learn Money Making Strategies Without Spending Money?
Stay With Me:…
I am not going to tell you about any unsustainable or illegal ways of making money online or offline but rather, practical, evidence-based best practices on how to make a sustainable income in Kenya. Who would not want to make extra money anyway?
I am going to share with live successful examples more about:
- How to make money online in Kenya even if you do not have a computer
- How to make money on websites even if you do not have a website of your own – and you do not need one
- How to receive money earned online from anywhere in the world while in Kenya
- How to use social media influence marketing strategy to attract, teach, keep repeat buyers who keep earning you money over and over again.
- Offline strategies that you can implement in Kenya today and slowly build an income you can depend on.
- How to use “what you are good at” strategy and build a following that is eager to buy your knowledge – YES. You are clever enough to teach something because Teaching sells
- Hot selling items you can buy on amazon while in Kenya and ship them to Kenya for a clean profit.
- How to build an empire of customers who would not talk to anyone else other than you for whatever their needs are.
- unexploited money-making strategies you can implement today and make sweet clean profits.
Online Money Making Strategies That Works Every Time.
There is a tendency to look far, wide and high for ways to make money. A lot of us in Africa believe that you cannot make money unless you become successful in school, get a good paying job – OR, become a politician. Formal education is not for everyone. We all cannot be politicians. There is something for everyone… and you could do it right here in Kenya.
Online related money making strategies in Kenya
Affiliate Programs That Works:
ShopUSA – Kenya Affiliate Program:
ShopUSA is one of the premier online shopping websites featuring only USA & UK/European products. Their business model is based on that fact that cheap Chinese products are not for everyone. There is a huge market in Kenya who would rather pay a little more for a quality product than to buy single item several times in a year – from China.
Not all items from China are of poor quality. It depends on the target market the items were manufactured for.
ShopUSA also gives an opportunity to USA importers to sell on the website but they verify and vet every seller to maintain high quality & standards.
- They have a wide variety of high-end products
- Some of their affiliates make as much as 250,000 a month promoting items
- You can buy items from USA and list on their website. You just need to open an online shop.
- They have online help to help sellers create online stores on their website
- No guesswork. Authentic unique products
- Customers trust them more. Easier to make a sale online
- They deposit affiliate earnings either on your mpesa or your wallet.
- Their items can be more expensive compared with sites like Jumia and Kilimall.
- Not everyone can sell on their website. They are selective and picky
- Their network is more concentrated in big cities and high end areas.
Jumia Affiliate Program.
Jumia has both affiliate program and a reseller program. They also have field delivery crew who makes money when they deliver an item and customer pays on delivery. This about this as the Uber Taxi Model.
- A well-known website, thus it doesn’t take much effort to tell them about it.
- A wide range of products of all quality and value
- Wide countrywide, in fact, Africa-wide network and infrastructure.
- Handy mobile app
- Jumia has a lot of low-quality products from China listed, thus low trust level
- Well, too known means not so good for affiliates.
- Overcrowded affiliate program.
Offer & Sell $5 Gigs on Fiverr for Cash
Fiverr is SO MONEY for everyone with basic computer skills. You could make money on Fiverr to do something as simple as writing 300 words articles just about any topic. How many 300 word articles can you write? or something like writing reviews on online products. It is such an easy way to earn $5 that everyone should have an account.
- Write articles
- Uploading images
- Writing blog posts
- Installing wordpress
- Rating products
- Designing logo/graphics
- Taking pictures with your phone!!
Become a Blogger & Make Money Online
Not so many people knows how to make money writing content online about specific topics. Not so many people knows how to make money uploading videos on YouTube and other social media websites. It is simple! How does a TV station or a radio station make money?
By selling advertising to businesses. How does Nation Media or Standard make money? By selling advertising space to businesses. You may have seen advertisements on almost every website you visit. Sometimes you just click without knowing it is an advertisement.
How to Make Money Blogging
- Choose a subject that you know well about and think about the best name to give your blog. Example, say you are a biology teacher in high school and you are so so good in biology that students have nicknamed you a biology name… remember those nicknames in high school? Kamusi, – (we had that in Kiambu high), Pythagoras, Nuke, Atom, etc. Become that blogger who is so good at a subject that you command authority in that subject. Or lets say you are a fashion diva and you know a lot about fashion and cosmetics. Become that blogger!
- Go to blogger.com or wordpress.com. They are both easy to use but I prefer WordPress for technical reasons I will discuss in the future.
- Create a free account — lets say you went with wordpress.com as I have recommended.
- Use a blog title that means something about what your subject is. Example, let’s say you want to be writing about “Body Lotions”. You can get a blog name like “ExoticLotions.wordpress.com. That’s just an example
- Go to websites like ShopUSA.com or Jumia and signup for their affiliate programs. Even more money for you, start promoting a brand and offer to outsource that line of product for a markup. Kentex Cargo serves hundreds of such businesses. Some sell on Jumia and ShopUSA. Start your own line and go with it all the way to making mone
- You educate people about your passionate/expert subject
- Earn their trust and confidence
- Recommend products without seemingly pitching
- Purchase and deliver to them and make money
- Sell a product as an affiliate, a reseller or make money by displaying ads on your blog. You can even become a consultant at your own terms. Here is a hint. Math, Chemistry, Biology & Physics are particularly hard subjects in High School. If you became such a good high school Chemistry blogger and offer to tutor for a fee, I bet if you are good enough and persistent enough, you would make more money tutoring than being a biology teacher. Have your students pre-book and prepay, rent a venue and exceed their expectations. Think about it and Do it!
One of my client became a CPR instructor and a blogger about emergency preparedness and first aid. She’s a nurse by profession. She became so good that private hospitals hires her to teach CPR and ACLS to their employees. She recently bought a home in Muthaiga. Her identity not revealed!
Here are a few money making blogs that I like
- Curves with Style: This lady is SO SO on the money…. and it’s her over and over again on her blog. If Nyawira recommended a fashion dress on her blog, my wife would get it PAP! we better be talking about if she likes it or not after I have bought. GET IT? BOUGHT = MONEY. Deal Closed!
- Maruti Rashid Fashion Blog: Great money making a blog you can start such for free in your own field
- Creatives Academy: An educational blog
- Professor Michael Wainaina Blog: Now this is self-publishing that can land Dr. Wainaina to levels you cannot imagine. Just be yourself and blog about what you are or what you like.
- Create a Facebook Page and link it to your blog above. DO it and stop excuses. Facebook page should be equal to the name of the blog page that you created. As a matter of fact, you should create both of them the same day. If you need to create a logo or head banner for your Facebook page, go to Fiverr and get one done for you for $5. If you want to order a gig but you are not able to pay on Fiverr, contact us and we will hook you up. We’ll charge you $2.50 fee due to remittance and exchange rates.
Offline Money Making Strategies That You Could Implement in Kenya at Shoe-String Budget.
There must be a problem with our British education system. Having gone through it and then the American education system, there is either intentional or unintentional permanent damage British education does to its subjects. No wonder almost everything we know was discovered in the USA. Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Computers, you name it.
Before you start casting stones, let me explain where I am going with this… with practical examples you can relate to. With our British education system, we are limited by how much money we have, not the ideas we have.
If you have 500 shillings, more than likely, your ideas will be limited to what business you can start with KES 500. Chicken farming, Selling seedlings in the local market — and that is fine. Nothing wrong with that but what if your ideas are great enough to be seen by others as great? Would they invest or loan you money?
Make Money Farming Without a Land or Money to Rent one.
I bet you know someone somewhere who owns a vacant plot somewhere. Ask them if you could use it and pay them something small after you sell your product. There are multi-million shillings companies in Kenya that started with a very little budget that does that. Some of them target land owned by people is diaspora.
Used Computers Business in Kenya
I cannot tell you how many times I get asked…where and how can I get used/refurbished computers from the USA? Here are my two favorite sources. If you need help buying and shipping them to your doors, just let us know. You do not need to start wondering how to get them. Just contact us and we will make it happen!
- Export Computers Exchange
- Computer Exporting. (We have a very great personal relationship with them)
Make Money in Kenya With Used Shoes & Clothes Business
Now this will make some people in Kenya want to put a price tag for my head revealing where they get these things from. Here are a few that I like and have used. I had written an article about how to buy used clothes and shoes from the USA and some people have been on my neck for more information. If you need to buy or arrange to ship, just let us know.
- Buffalo Exports (Shoes & Clothes)
- Dalo International (Mainly Shoes)
- Mid- West Textile (Clothes & Shoes)
Make Money in Kenya Selling Used Smartphones From USA
Everyone in Kenya – and anywhere else in the World want to own a good phone. eBay & Amazon are the best sources for used unlocked GSM phones. Notice that when buying unlocked or used phones…
You Must Buy GSM Unlocked Phones – Not CDMA
Of course, I won’t start boring you with how you can make money driving for Uber or easy Taxi. If you did not know you could do that too, there you go but not for everyone.
Before I stop Firing the Keyboard on how to make money in Kenya…
Go right ahead and enter your name and email on the top left corner of this article. You will never miss any of my tips. Next, I will talk about things you could buy in the USA and sell them for so much money, sometimes as much as 300%. You just need to be able to think outside the box. Finally,