USA Returning Residents Shipping
Kenyan returning residents who have lived outside the country for more than 2 years are exempt from paying duty on used personal effects and one car.
Conditions For Qualifying as a Returning Residents
- You must show supporting documents that you are changing your residence from USA to Kenya. This may include but not limited to:
- A customs stamped & valid passport showing that you have arrived in the country within less than 90 days by the time your shipment arrives. NO EXEMPTION TO THIS RULE.
- A valid work permit or appointment letter for a new job in Kenya
- Allien ID like a green card.
- A valid passport for the last two years and any other passports you may have held in the past.
- A valid and verifiable proof that you have loved abroad for the last two years. This may be things like rent/mortgage payments or utility bills. This is rarely asked unless there is suspicion.
- You must be at least 18 years old.